Topic: Setting Up Your Pre-Existing Domain Through Godaddy
|Ben Kittrell 04/22/2007 09:41AM|
If you already have a domain name through Godaddy, you can still use it with Doodlekit without much trouble.
1. Login to your Godaddy account
2. Click on "My Account" and then "Manage Domains"
3. Check the box next to your domain and click "Nameservers" at the top
4. Click the "Custom Namservers" tab
5. Enter ns1.doodlekit.com for Namserver 1
6. Enter ns2.doodlekit.com for Namserver 2
7. Click Save
Log in to your Doodlekit site and click on Settings then Domain Name from the Admin section. Make sure that your domain name is correct in the "Domain Name" field (example: mywebsite.com).
These changes can sometimes take up to 24 hours to take effect.
WARNING: This will point everything associated with your domain name to Doodlekit's servers, including E-Mail. If you're using an E-Mail host such as Gmail or GoDaddy you'll need to setup the MX DNS Records as well.