The winds of change are coming to Doodlekit! Today you get a taste of some of the great new things to come. Last night we pushed out some new updates to prep for future upgrades. This post will give you a short overview of the new tools and features we have added:
New Image Library & Album Tools
- All images are now stored in one giant image library in the backend Admin Tool
- Images can now be rotated, cropped & converted to black & white.
- Images now have a tool to generate custom cropped thumbs of themselves (since thumbs have to be a perfect square).
- You can now create albums from the image library using the same image in multiple albums.
- Albums can now be inserted into any page or blog post.
- Image reordering in an album is now super easy and fast.
- New album player/slideshow
- Doodlekit’s old editor was tied to a third party software vendor with limited updating capabilities. The new editor is much more flexible and open to modifications as needed.
- The new editor does not require a plug-in to be installed on a browser in order to use it.
New Admin Tool
- The new Admin Tool interface provides us a more dynamic workspace for setting up future tools and updates.
- It looks better :).
New RSS Feed Addon
- Use third party RSS feed trackers like Feed Burner to see feed statistics like views and clicks.
New Social Media Addon
- Allows you to automatically post social network icons on your Blog post (Twitter, Facebook, Digg, etc.) that people can click on to automatically spread the word about your blog post.
- Provides a new area for future Social Media interaction tools coming to Doodlekit.
New Page/Blog Version Control
- The last 5 revisions of your pages and blog posts are available should you want to roll back any changes made to them.
New Blog Post Scheduling
- You can set future dates on your blog posts and they will not be released till then.
As you can probably imagine, we are pretty busy making sure everything converted over properly and that everything is work as should be. If you find any bugs or have any issues with the new release, please contact us and let us know.
Thanks for your patience and support – we continue to work hard to insure your free website making experience is top notch!