If you have more than one Doodlekit website with us, we are asking you to 'sync up' your email logins and passwords so they are all the same.
Why? At Doodlekit, we are always trying to improve the user experience in one way or another. One thing we have noticed is that every time you create a new Doodlekit website, you create a whole separate account. For our customers with multiple sites this can cause frustration. So we started working on what we call the Doodlekit User Consolidation Project. This means that every User will have one main Doodlekit account that they can use to create multiple sites. This gives you many benefits.
- Email and Password is automatically synced between all sites
- One Credit Card can be attached to multiple sites
- A single interface for managing everything
- If your site has been suspended/cancelled, you can reactivate it yourself
- Gives us a better way to service customers
- Sets us up for other programs like Doodlekit Affiliates
We're nearing the final stages of completion, but there's one big, final step that has to happen at the end - the conversion. For users with one site, this will be no problem. But for users with multiple sites, this is how it's going to go down. If your Email, Password, and Credit Card number match, we'll automatically merge your accounts into one. If the Email matches but the Password or CC doesn't, then we'll contact you to figure out how you want us to fix it.
You can help us prep for this conversion by doing a few things. Remember, this is only for users with multiple sites.
1. Make sure your 'Main' Administrator Account Email and Password are the same across all of your DK Sites. You DO NOT have to change the email on the Settings page in the Admin Tool if you don't want to. Just make sure the 'Main' Admin emails under the 'Users' page (in the Admin Tool) are synced up.
2. Make sure your Credit Card Number matches across all sites.
3. If you need separate Cards for different sites, make sure you have a unique Email for your Administrator Account.
And please, if you have any questions or concerns, contact us so we can make sure everything goes smoothly. It will still be a few weeks before this goes down, we're just getting prepared. As always, we work hard to make Doodlekit the best free website creator on the market. Thanks!