Last month I introduced you to the benefits of blogging and recapped the features of the Doodlekit blogging platform that is included with every Doodlekit site! This month we take blogging one step further with some practical how to’s for getting you starting.
But what do I write?
- For a few weeks write down every question a customer asks you. Separate list into questions from new customers verses existing customers.
- Does your business change seasonally? Do you offer different services in December than in June? If so make a list my month or season
- Is there legislation, regulation or licensing that affects your business / industry? If so write down those rules
- Is there anything innovative going on? New materials, new process, new equipment that older customers might not be up to speed on?
- Is your industry in the news? Set up some Google Alerts based on key words. A super quick blog post when you have no time is simply to post to journalistic news stories that are of interest to your customer base.
- Do you have some happy customers who are willing to do a case study or provide a testimonial?